RULES AND EVENT REGULATIONS
- This agreement starts with the entry. This is not a race, it is a friendly mass participation cycling event. Riders attend the event on their own account and at their own risk. You must ride in a safe and courteous manner, which will not cause danger to other riders or yourself. You must ride in control at all times and at safe speeds, including on all descents.
- This is an open road event and as such the Highway Code must be adhered to at all times. Signage will be in place along the entire course, but riders are always responsible for their own safety.
- Every rider is responsible for their bike and equipment. The condition, quality and construction should be suitable to ensure the safety of riders or other persons. All equipment used at the event must be fit for purpose and ridden / used at riders own risk.
- Riders must cycle on the left, and be courteous and aware of other cyclists around you. You should allow faster riders to pass you.
- Helmets are compulsory and must be done up properly at all times when cycling. They must be in good condition.
- Registration is only available via the British Cycling website.
- To register for this event you must provide a valid email address so we can send you confirmation of your registration and of any entries you make. The email address supplied (and any email addresses given when registering other people) may be used by the Event Organiser to send out information about the events you enter. It may also be used by them for up to twelve months after the event ends to send follow-up information about the event / membership and any future events / memberships they may organise.
- Entries will be taken online and will be given on a first come first served basis.
- Information will be sent out to all participants on how to collect their rider packs.
- If you retire for any reason please inform an event official.
- All instructions given by event officials must be observed. Riders must obey all event marshals and event officials instructions.
- Do not drop any litter, all litter must be placed in your pocket and disposed of in the bins provided at the feed stations/event village.
- The event will take place regardless of bad weather, unless the organisers deem there is a safety concern. If the event is stopped or re-routed for reasons of safety, there will be no refund available.
- Toilets are available along the route. Please use them and respect local residents and the area.
– No rider may use another’s rider’s event number. If the registered person cannot attend the event, they have no right to reclaim the registration fee.
- Feed and water stations will be available along the course, but all riders are responsible to supply sufficient food to complete the ride.
- The organisation is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for any injuries and/or damages as a result of any action during the event nor can they be held responsible if there is a malfunction in the timing system or the Strava based segments/timing of the event itself.
- If an official car park is offered during the event, usage of this will be at your own risk, the organisation is not responsible and cannot be held responsible for any loss, theft and/or damage as a result of this.
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any rider in breach of any of these regulations. The event officials also hold the right to withdraw starters if they feel there is a danger for the starter or any other person.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- The organisation reserves the right to make any necessary changes or even to cancel the whole event without refund according to safety problems at any time, official orders, government laws or other unforeseen events.
- Deferral of entries is not possible.
- If for any reason you are unable to attend the event refunds are not possible.
- If the safety of riders and staff becomes an issue we may have to cancel an event, or if we have to cancel the event for reasons outwith our control, this will be announced on our website as soon as possible before the event.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend the route and any other aspect of this event, if a refund is due in this regard all entrants will be notified via the website and by email.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- Every rider understands and admits that his participation in the event is voluntary. He assumes full responsibility for any injuries or damages from his participation in the event. He recognises and understands that the activities may be hazardous, that his participation is solely at his own risk and that he assumes full responsibility for any resulting injuries and damages that may occur.
- Every rider affirms, that he is in good health. He declares that he is physically fit and capable to participate in the event.
- Every rider has to acknowledge that he has read and understood this entire waiver of liability and agrees to be legally bound by it.
- The organisers retain the right to change rules, terms and conditions as required.
DATA PROTECTION ACT 2018
- By submitting an application to take part in an event, the participants also allow the event organisers to use personal data for campaigns and activities connected to the events.
CURRENCY OF PURCHASE
- All transactions will be conducted in Pounds Sterling. An invoice will not be supplied with the confirmation of your entry, although a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO
- All riders accept that photography and video for publicity purposes may be recorded at the event. Riders accept that this material may include them and that they give permission for its print or online publication. The organisers shall have unlimited rights to publish pictures and videos of the participants; to forward these photos and videos to press representatives and to use them for marketing activities.